The wellbeing of our patients, clients and animal health care team members is top of mind for the HAH in this time of uncertainty regarding the potential spread of COVID-19 Corona Virus.
We want to be able to continue providing care for our patients!
In accordance with current recommendations from the College of Veterinarians of Ontario & Public Health Ontario, our animal health care team reports the following short-term changes to our protocols:
- IMPORTANT – If you are sick, self-isolating or are in quarantine due to known virus exposure, please DO NOT COME TO THE ANIMAL HOSPITAL. Call to discuss how we can utilize TELEMEDICINE to provide care for your pet.
- Medication, Supply & Food orders MUST be made over the phone and paid for in advance. Call us when you arrive and we will put your order on a table outside the front door for you to pick up directly.
- Appointments can be made for pets who are injured or sick, keeping in mind that we are limiting the number of appointments booked at any one time.
- Pets must be on a leash or in a carrier (no exceptions to this rule will be made).
- We will talk with pet owners the arrangments for bringing the pet in. Please ensure only one peron accompanies the pet.
- ** In the case of a patient that cannot be safely handled without their owner’s assistance, an advance discussion with the veterinarian will be required to determine the best course of action.
- Any routine wellness procedures or tests will be reviewed by our veterinarians to determine what can be safely postponed. Parasite prevention, in most cases, can be prescribed in the interim to keep pets protected from fleas and ticks now that spring is here.
- Walk-ins cannot be accommodated at this time.
Call before coming to the hospital with your pet for care.
As always, we hope for the continued health of our patients & their people!
Staff at Herongate Aninal Hopsital